CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Zoo Animals

I have been wanting to go to the Zoo for forever!! I haven't been there for who knows how long and seriously... who doesn't love the Zoo.... So on Friday me and most of the family went up there. Carol and Phil came, Steve, Kell, Sarah, and Brecken, and Me, Mom and Dad took Kyle and Joey.
We had a blast seeing all of the animals. They have made a lot of changes since I was there last so it was very fun to see. The elephant house has changed, and so has the cat house. I kinda like the old elephant area better, but then new cat place is way cooler than the old one.

Here's the kids sticking out their little trunks for me while sitting on the Elephants big trunk.

Sarah seems much happier than I would be to be in such close proximity to that elephants bottom...

You can't really tell but there is a Zebra in the background of these pictures... So I technically did get some pictures of the animals, not just of people, while at the zoo. These boys are having fun and are excited to be here...
This one on the other hand I'm not so sure about... but at least I'm happy too right??

We rode the Carousel.. Well Me Carol and the kids rode the carousel... Mom held onto Brecken so he didn't fall off. Everyone else was too lame and sat off on the sidelines and watched. They have no idea what they missed out on. It was a blast.. not very long, but worth it all the same!

These two silly kids almost look related. Dad is in heaven after having a Lemon-lime snow cone, and you can tell that Brecken totally dug his Vanilla Orange ice cream.. Or maybe he hated it and that's why he smeared it all over his face instead of into his mouth.


My Grandpa used to always tell us this story about the kids in Salt Like who put their money together and adopted an elephant from a traveling circus. The plaque that mom and Carol are standing by is a picture of that elephant Princess Alice, and her baby, when they were still living in Liberty Park before the Zoo was built. SO AWESOME!
We got to see all of the monkeys which is my second favorite animals to see, but I have to be honest the ones that I took with me were still way cuter, I'd rather see any one of them than the ones that they keep at the Zoo. Seriously, Check out these little monkeys in Action...

The Kids had a blast playing in the play area... I think it was the funnest part for Kyle who when I asked him if he was having fun at the zoo replied, "All you do is walk around and look at the animals." I then asked him what I could do to make it so he was able to have fun at the zoo and he responded, "It would be fun if we could find a machine to make wax animals, or go to the playground or something." All of the Wax Animal machines have been permanently retired which makes me very sad, Kyle was also sad, but we were able to make it to the play area.


Check out this "Just Hatched" face!

I would not want these scary spiders to bite me

Don't worry, the teeth weren't really even that sharp, his head is fine.
This turtle was swimming through the wood chips in the rain

And this little turtle somehow climbed into the shell sideways... can not be a comfortable life

All in all our day at the zoo was a total blast!

1 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

yes I have to say the monkey's you went with to the zoo are way cuter than the ones they keep there... I'm glad you brought them all back home.