CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Y

Do you ever get these great ideas in your head and then follow through with them only to think, WHY did I do this while you are doing it?? Or how about get these ideas in your head that you think, ya I can do that because I'm tough and "sporty spice", but then realize that you are not in as great of shape as you though you were in and haven't been "sporty spice" for years. Well both of these things happened to me last week when I decided that i wanted to spend my day off work hiking. Which was great, but for someone who doesn't hike it was a big step. I did do two hikes though. I hiked the "Y" at like 11 in the morning, which I have to be honest was one of the worst ideas I've ever had... I'm such a baby and I hate walking up hill (yes I know i say that but then still went hiking... am I crazy? I may be...) no matter where I am, but on a hot morning, doing the "Y"... I was miserable and almost turned around like 10 times on the 2 mile hike, but continually talked myself out of it because lets be honest, it is a mile uphill. That is basically nothing and I couldn't let myself be that big of a baby. I did make it, and it was great once I was up there. I then went up to the Timp Trail head and hiked up to Stewart Falls, which was a much more enjoyable hike than the "Y" was so I'm very glad I powered through and just did it. Here are some pics:

The "Y"

Me sitting on the "Y" there were some other people up there w/ me who were nice enough to take this very flattering picture of me. So I thought I should at least put it up on the blog. :)
My self portrait on top of the "Y" doesn't the city look awesome in the background?? I think it totally does.
Here's a better. Provo without my head blocking the view.


Stewart falls hike:
The hike into the falls was so beautiful these are just some of the pretty views I got to see! I love the mountains. Hate the bugs, but love the mountains.

Me at the falls, I was trying to get them in the back ground, but try as I might I couldn't get one... And there wasn't a single other person there to take a pic for me, which I have to be honest, made being there that much cooler!
And this is the fall itself. How beautiful right?? I'm so glad that I went on this hike out of all of the hikes I could have gone on.

1 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

I am so proud of you, and despite what you say you totally are "sporty spice" :D